St. Mary’s School
St. Mary’s School is a Voluntary Controlled Church of England Primary school and is in the diocese of Bath and Wells.
The school serves the village of Thorncombe and surrounding area. The original school, founded in 1876 and situated opposite the church, was destroyed by fire in 1974. The present school, opened in 1977, is semi-open plan in design and stands in its own extensive grounds.